About Us: Chamber Music Monterey Bay continues to pursue its 55-year nonprofit mission: to preserve the tradition of live classical chamber music performance and to explore the art form’s evolution creatively. We present our five-concert season from October to May at the Sunset Center, featuring world-renowned musicians. Our concert programs frequently include lesser-known works and new commissions. With help from our dedicated Board of Directors, we also bring the musicians to local schools and senior living centers for outreach opportunities. Our loyal patrons are primarily professionals and retired residents of the Monterey Peninsula who have formed a vibrant social community around our events.
About the Position: We are looking for a part-time Administrative Coordinator to join our Carmel office team and provide support in the office, during concerts, and during special events. The Administrative Coordinator must be highly organized, enjoy close collaboration with a small team, and perpetuate the highly respectful customer interactions we are known for. And of course, enjoy classical music.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Administrative Coordinator supports general office activities, including ticket sales and box office, information systems, filing systems, bookkeeping, and office administration. The Administrative Coordinator also assists with marketing, public relations, and supports fundraising endeavors. This position includes some evening and weekend hours for our five annual concerts at Sunset Center in Carmel and occasional special events. Time spent on these activities can be broken down as follows:
– You have 3-5 years of administrative work experience, preferably at an arts organization or nonprofit
– You are highly organized, an excellent collaborator, an effective writer/editor, comfortable with technology, adaptable, and excellent at providing customer service
– You are proficient in Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace Apps, and QuickBooks
– Bonus points if you are proficient in Facebook advertising, MailChimp, Asana, Canva, Adobe Apps, Wix websites, or Salesforce + Patron Manager
Basic Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be able to:
– Communicate effectively with older adults both in person and over the phone.
– Communicate effectively in English, and interpret a variety of English instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
– Have consistent and reliable attendance.
– Meet daily, weekly, monthly, and other deadlines consistently.
– Work under pressure with changing and ambiguous priorities.
– Work in an office environment with intermittent interruptions
– Sit for extended periods with occasional standing, walking, and bending at the waist.
– Lift, push, pull, and handle items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Location: Must be a California resident able to report to the office in Carmel regularly and support events in person. Occasional work-from-home days possible.
Compensation: This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible and will be determined through discussion with the Director of Operations. Compensation is $20/hour.
Application Process: The deadline to apply is Friday, July 30th, 2021. We will review applications as they are received. To apply, please use our online application form below, then upload your resume and a cover letter explaining your fit for the position.
Chamber Music Monterey Bay celebrates diversity in both our programming and our people. String quartets bring together four different instruments to make great music, and so we welcome people of any gender, race, religion, body type, or other human characteristics to help us make a great team. Yes, a string quartet is technically only three different instruments, but you get the idea. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Don’t have a Google account or experiencing problems with the form? You can also apply by emailing us at with the subject line “Administrative Coordinator Application”. Please attach your resume and cover letter to the email.
CMMB is a 501(c)3 organization. Our office is located in Carmel, California.